The specific objective of the Supporting Initiatives in the Field of Drugs Policy is to support projects in the field of drugs policy as regards judicial cooperation and crime prevention aspects closely linked to the general objective of the Programme, in so far as they are not covered by the Instrument for financial support for police cooperation, preventing and combating crime, and crisis management, as part of the Internal Security Fund, or by the third Programme for the Union’s action in the field of health (2014-2020).
The topic contributes to the effective and coherent application of EU law and aims at the support of development of new approaches in the area of drugs policies.
The priorities are:
- To support activities in the area of identification and epidemiology of use of new psychoactive substances;
- To support activities aimed at the effective response to the challenges posed by the online trade of drugs;
- To support the civil society organisations by reinforcing their (i) advocacy function, (ii) capacity to make a difference at the local level, (iii) best practice sharing methods and (iv) knowledge and skills on evidence-based interventions and minimum quality standards in the field of drug demand reduction
- To support key stakeholders in the field of prevention by expanding their knowledge and skills, in particular in the context of minimum quality standards
This call will fund activities on:
- data collection, surveys and research activities;
- training activities;
- mutual learning, network development, identification and exchange of good practices, cooperation;
- events, conferences, expert meetings;
- dissemination and awareness-raising activities.