FEDITO BXL, the Brussels Federation of Institutions for Drug Addicts federates 29 institutions active in awareness, prevention, harm reduction, care and support relative to the consumptions of psychoactive substances and addictions.
Besides its expertise in the field of legal and illegal drug use and addictions, the Brussels FEDITO is characterized by the diversity of its members. The federation consists of outpatient services and residential centers of crisis and treatment, information services for the public, for inmates and for professionals, syringe exchange programs and training organizations.
FEDITO also relies on a network of private general doctors, a low threshold social-health house (MASS) and a rehabilitation project through sports activities, institutions specialized in dual diagnosis (drug use and psychiatric disorders), drug prevention programs, … The list is not exhaustive but this variety of projects allows to understand the complex and evolving phenomenon of use of psychoactive substances and dependencies.
Given the diversity of issues, the FEDITO BXL is linked to many different sectors, and is a member of :
- Assoss Care, Association Social-Santé,
- CAAP, Concertation des Associations Actives en Prisons,
- CBCS, Conseil Bruxellois de Coordination Sociopolitique,
- CBPS, Centre Bruxellois de Promotion de la Santé,
- FBLB, Forum Bruxellois de Lutte Contre la Pauvreté,
- PFCSM, Plate-forme de Concertation pour la Santé Mentale,
- Support Commitee of Housing First Brussels,
- SMES-B, Santé Mentale et Exclusion Sociale – Belgique ;
At the international level, the FEDITO BXL is a member :
- Correlation Network, European Network Social Inclusion & Health,
- European Civil Society Forum on Drugs (CSFD),
- IDPC, International Drug Policy Consortium,
- ISSDP, International Society for the Study of Drug Policy,
- VNGOC, Vienna NGO Committee on Drugs.
FEDITO Brussels is recognized by the French Community Commission (FCC).
Headquarters: Rue du Président 55, 1050 Brussels
Company registration number: 0433.424.011